WELCOME AND CONGRATULATIONS!
I'm so happy for you and your family that you're having a doula assist with your birth experience. Preparing for such a life-altering event, from prenatal through postpartum period and beyond, is a most loving, easeful and joyous way to go.
If you're new to the term doula, it comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves" and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period.
You may already know...
Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth:
- tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
- reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
- reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
- reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support:
- feel more secure and cared for
- are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
- have greater success with breastfeeding
- have greater self-confidence
- have less postpartum depression
- have lower incidence of abuse
...there's every reason in the world to have a doula at your birth.
(Content taken directly from DONA International)
MamaDoula Service was born out of a deep desire to help empower and support women during pregnancy, labor, birth and beyond, and to help birthing mamas navigate their hospital, birth center or home birth experience.
All people need to be in touch with how birthing can unfold naturally without medical interventions. I believe that our world can be healed through conscious birthing, where mamas work with their doctor or midwife from an informed and empowered position to help guide the labor and delivery of their child; where mamas and babies have the time they need for labor to begin and progress; and where the best possible opportunity to nurture mama and baby's connection immediately after birth and onward. All of this contributes to a most loving, empowered experience of life.
It is one of my biggest priorities to ensure that women understand that they have the right and the responsibility to interact with medical professionals in a way that communicates the sovereignty of their body and their ability to birth their child.
Working with women for a healthy, safe and satisfying birth is one of my missions in Life. It would be my pleasure and honor to talk with you to see if we're a good fit.
Birth Doula Service Package $1800
- Two prenatal visits to get to know each other, create your birth plan and vision, go over comfort measures, and practice positions for labor and delivery.
- Four weeks of being on-call, two before and two after due date
- Continuous active labor and delivery support
- Back-up doula team
- One postpartum visit to review and talk about your birth, plus assess if you want or need any sort of postpartum support.
MASSAGE, 50 minute session
In my office $90
In your home $135
IN LABOR MASSAGE $150
- Prenatal or Induction massage using a blend of Swedish and acupressure
- Postpartum massage using a blend of Swedish, acupressure and craniosacral therapy
- Non-pregnancy massage with techniques of Swedish, acupressure, craniosacral therapy and vibrational healing massage therapy, depending on your needs.
- Prepared by steaming, dehydrating, grinding then encapsulating
- Pick up at home or hospital during business hours of 9am - 8pm (if not my doula client)
- Drop off pills within 3 days
WORK WITH ME
Don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you are interested in my service, have questions or feel called to work together. Fill out the intake form below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.